Saturday 28 March 2009

Eavan Boland Reading List

I've started your reading list for Eavan Boland. I'll finish it tomorrow, but you have your reading for Monday now. Please be aware that you are not going to be able to find most of these poems online, so if you haven't bought the book, you need to. It's a book I think you will want to keep.

Monday
"The Black Lace Fan My Mother Gave Me" (19)
"The Rooms of Other Women Poets" (20)
"Brush-cut Irish Silver" (29)

"A False Spring" (37)
"The Making of an Irish Goddess" (38)
"White Hawthorn in the West of Ireland" (40)
"An Old Steel Engraving" (45)
"In Exile" (46)
"We Are Always Too Late" (47)
"What We Lost" (48)
"Outside History" (50)

You really should read the entire sequence from Outside History since it is, after all, a sequence. But make sure you at least read the sections I've listed. And don't forget to write about "The Haw Lantern" on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment